Not/Suitable songs for the "new" Turbonegro?

Find stuff about the band here

Moderators: Dead Girly, Admins

Not/Suitable songs for the "new" Turbonegro?

New postby Tschebesta on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:59 pm

As the dog days of summer pass and the warm shivers of the cumback still work my body, I was thinking about the (old) Turbonegro songs that can be expected to be performend by the band.
Especially Tony Sylvester´s unique (and likeable) voice will play a deciding role here.

We ve heard quite a few songs, but lets still open a speculative discussion, which of Turbos songs from the past would or would not work well/better with Tony.

I strongly favor Good head, Drenched in Blood (!) - i doubt F.T.W., Sell your body - only to name a few.
Any ideas for comenback songs from -lets say- Never is forever? What a NICE turn of things that would be...

Your humble opinions?

I would love to open a poll with ALL TRBNGR songs, like in the old forum, that would be fun.

PS: Again, I am interested in the Jugends opinion only, no dictative ideas whatsoever here. New Turbo material is happily awaited.
Präsident TJ SNGRKNBN Wien
Very proud homorary member of TJ St.Pauli
Quite proud member of TJ Alpha Males
Futkarli
Tschebesta

Re: Not/Suitable songs for the "new" Turbonegro?

New postby reverend of the almighty on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:44 pm

You know... With what I've heard, I would say anything apocalypse dudes and before sounds about right...
- TJ Low Places
- TJ Fort Collins
- TJ Selfdestructo
- TJ Satanika
- TJ Hammersmith Bastards
- TJ Scab Merchants
- TJ Moonshiners
reverend of the almighty

New postby The Grim Beaker on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:48 pm

Honestly I've kinda given up hoping for some older stuff live ...I'd REALLY been looking to hearing some at Hamburg (especially anything of Never is Forever), what with Tony's vocal style, but that never happened and I was left a little bummed out. But I suppose if any new songs are a continuation of where they've been going for the last few albums (which the new song at Knust seemed to), then the older stuff wouldn't really make for a fluid setlist.
That said, I'd love to hear some old tracks (it seems like it's pretty much been the same set list for ever, and therefore pretty predictable), although even some of the Never is Forever stuff wouldn't suite Tony's voice (Nihil Sleighride, Suburban Prince's Death Song) :( ), but off the top of me head how about (in no particular order)

Armed and Fairly Well Equipped
Librium Love
Death Time
Just Flesh (yeah I know they play it lots and therefore goes against what I've just said, but fuck it...it's Just Flesh)
Dark Secret Girl
Ride with Us (not so old but massively under played)
Destination Hell
Timebomb
Hush Earthling
Black Chrome
Kiss the Knife

I can't immediately say which wouldn't work that great other than those already mentioned by everyone, but I do think some songs could do with being left on the bench for a bit

And oh, Do You Dig Destruction should never be played

Edit: I remember Rock Against Ass not working all that well, but that might have been down to lack of practise
Free your mind and your ass will follow - TJ Lancashire :slayer
The Grim Beaker

New postby WHISKEY A GOGO on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:37 pm

Gotta agree with pretty much everything Beaker said, and throw in Nihl Sleighride or Oslo Bloodbath, and No Beast So Fierce....
WHISKEY A GOGO

New postby reverend of the almighty on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:59 pm

No Beast So Fierce is absolutely necessary.

I think most of the songs off Retox should be a bust... I mean, Hell Toupee is still fitting, but most where a bit goofy in comparison to Party Animals even...
- TJ Low Places
- TJ Fort Collins
- TJ Selfdestructo
- TJ Satanika
- TJ Scab Merchants
- TJ Moonshiners
reverend of the almighty

New postby WHISKEY A GOGO on Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Dude... do you dig destruction? No Im alpha male? Boys from nowhere? Bloody classics, each and every one.
WHISKEY A GOGO

New postby Borneo Jimmy on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:25 pm

WHISKEY A GOGO wrote:Dude... do you dig destruction? No Im alpha male? Boys from nowhere? Bloody classics, each and every one.

:smt023
By the way: What is rock?
This is Hotweiler, not L.A.!
Borneo Jimmy

New postby reverend of the almighty on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:56 pm

Ok... There were a couple decently written songs... but they still don't hold an ass candle to No Beast, Hush Earthling, Grunge Whore...

But of course, they'll just play what they want, and we'll enjoy that we're seeing it live, really....
- TJ Low Places
- TJ Fort Collins
- TJ Selfdestructo
- TJ Satanika
- TJ Scab Merchants
- TJ Moonshiners
reverend of the almighty

New postby The Grim Beaker on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Honestly, when Retox came out I that put off immediately but I reckon that was just the novelty of a new Turbo album, but as Hamburg was getting closer I realised I'd never listened to it after those couple of months, so I whacked it on in the car on my drive to work and I was horrified. Sure it wasn't another 'Project 1950' :angry7 but jeez, they dropped the ball with that one.
I prefer to ignore it's existence, and console myself with the hope that becasue they only played one track off that album any new work may not be in a similar vein.
Free your mind and your ass will follow - TJ Lancashire :slayer
The Grim Beaker

New postby reverend of the almighty on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:01 pm

It has a couple good tracks that they nailed... but it's style is such a movement in an odd direction that it's difficult to fall for...

I'm very happy thinking that we may get a couple lengthy tours and get the chance to hear some new stuff in the old vein...
- TJ Low Places
- TJ Fort Collins
- TJ Selfdestructo
- TJ Satanika
- TJ Scab Merchants
- TJ Moonshiners
reverend of the almighty

Next

Return to News / About TRBNGR