WTJT XI

Stuff and Things

Moderators: Rude Kid, Dead Girly, Baron Kealo von Rektumhofen, Admins

WTJT XI

New postby Hell Rake on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:50 pm

Ahoj, sailors!

I'm trying to figure out whether I can afford to go to WTJT XI.
How much would people usually budget for a decent weekend? Any tips for decent/affordable hostels?

Hell Rake
Hell Rake

Re: WTJT XI

New postby mondo cane on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:44 pm

Will be going Thursday till Monday, and staying at the A & O hostel Reeperbahn. A lot of Jugends will be staying there, also its cheap.
mondo cane

New postby Hell Rake on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:45 pm

Nice one. Will check it out.

I take it from Turbo's tour schedule, they will not be gracing Grünspan with their presence.
Hell Rake

New postby Baron Kealo von Rektumhofen on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:44 pm

I'm going from Thursday to Monday as well. I'm not staying at the A&O this year, but I have in the past and I can vouch for it. It's cheap and cheerful and on the Reeperbahn, so it's close to all the bars and clubs and a stone's throw from the Schlemmereck.

As for your budget, it depends on how wasted you want to get! You could stick to Astra, which is €2 for a 330ml bottle. It tastes like piss, but it has the required effect! There are plenty of fast food places in the area, so eating is cheap. You could skip the shows too if you want to save a few quid. A lot of people don't bother. As you said it doesn't look like Turbo will be making an appearance.

I'd look at booking something soon if i were you, as I think Wacken is on the same weekend and a lot of festival goers stay in Hamburg and travel up. Places will be book up quickly.
When I hear that hard rock sound...
President, TJ Dublin
Baron Kealo von Rektumhofen
TJ Forum Mod
TJ Forum Mod

New postby Fionn The Cool on Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:00 am

Haven't got the ok from work yet. Getting dicked around and in the meantime flights are going up and up. Fuckit, I may just book me flight anyway and hope for the best!
Lumberjack @Turbojugend Galway
Fionn The Cool

New postby Baron Kealo von Rektumhofen on Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:34 pm

Fionn The Cool wrote:Haven't got the ok from work yet. Getting dicked around and in the meantime flights are going up and up. Fuckit, I may just book me flight anyway and hope for the best!

Book your flights, man! Do it!!! :D

Dublin will be there, as well as Belfast, to fly the flag (or should that be fleg?) :rofl: We need representation from the West too! :D

I'll be there from Thursday to Monday. I'm going out on the 6.50 Aer Lingus flight direct to Hamburg. However, if that's too pricey, Ryanair fly to Bremen, which is 1-1.5 hours by train. Berlin is always an option too. It's only 2-3 hours away. Travelling on Deutsche Bahn is much more pleasant than Iarnród Éireann!

I hope to see you there! :salute
When I hear that hard rock sound...
President, TJ Dublin
Baron Kealo von Rektumhofen
TJ Forum Mod
TJ Forum Mod

New postby Fionn The Cool on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:57 pm

That went well.
Lumberjack @Turbojugend Galway
Fionn The Cool

Return to UK and Ireland